Our Planning and Environment team is one of the largest and most experienced planning teams across the eastern seaboard and we offer the full range of services within the disciplines of planning and environment. We offer strong planning advisory expertise and a forward thinking approach to the emerging areas of planning and environmental law. Being responsive, cost competitive and delivering results in tight timeframes are hallmarks of our approach. Our commercial focus and pragmatic approach invariably secure positive outcomes for our clients.
Our team has extensive experience in acting for developers, business owners, local government authorities, state government, energy providers, mining companies and land owners. We have the expertise to be able to deliver a whole project approach, from preliminary planning and site auditing stage through to delivery of the project.
We are experienced litigators in planning tribunals and have expertise in planning appeals, prosecutions, enforcement, planning agreements, administrative law and valuation and compensation appeals.
We have regularly provided advice on contamination, sustainability, climate change, flooding, threatened species, waste management, environmental legal registers, pollution and other environmental matters.
Our relevant experience includes:
- advising Wyong Council in relation to all aspects of the $200mil infrastructure project for the upgrade of the Mardi Dam and water pipeline installation to carry water from the Mardi Dam, the mangrove Dam and the Wyong River;
- advising a proponent in relation to a Part 3A development for a $1bil integrated logistics, service, warehousing and distribution centre at Goulburn;
- acting for private schools in relation to planning appeals for schools at Bass Hill, Austral and Morisset in the Land & Environment Court of NSW;
- providing representation in the Land and Environment Court of NSW and advice in relation to the development of a four storey residential flat building at Eastwood which involved threatened species; and
- acting on behalf of landowners in relation to the compulsory acquisition of land in appeals regarding the amount of compensation payable by the resuming authority.