Led by deeply experienced practitioners, our Superannuation and Wealth Management team works at the leading edge of industry developments.
Our clients include institutional and boutique funds and asset managers, industry superannuation funds, corporate, retail and public sector funds, professional trustees and advisor groups. In assisting our clients, we provide the full breadth of legal services that participants in the financial services industry require.
We are very familiar with structuring and establishing funds and other vehicles (super, non-super, registered, unregistered, listed, unlisted, onshore, offshore).
Team members have undertaken large scale business and product integrations and rationalisations and outsourcing arrangements. We assist with capital raisings (public and private), distribution arrangements, alliances and platforms and direct investments and due diligence.
Our team leaders in particular bring their industry knowledge to bear in assisting clients with corporate governance and compliance and advice on prudential and regulatory reviews.
Our relevant experience includes advising on matters related to:
- the rationalisation and integration of the entire product suite of a major funds management organisation;
- a wide range of distribution and management arrangements including wraps, franchises, alliances and badges;
- major infrastructure investments such as Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide airports;
- acting for a major public offer superannuation fund in relation to SIS Act compliance and governance, APRA prudential review, a major outsourcing agreement and major real estate investments;
- advising corporate boards on structural and governance issues with particular focus on the identification, management and avoidance of conflicts of interest and compliance with statutory, common law and fiduciary duties; and
- assisting clients in devising and implementing responses to critical business incidents such as a key regulatory and systems failure and the discovery of serious misconduct by senior personnel.