David Vorchheimer is a partner in HWL Ebsworth's Planning, Environment & Government Group in Melbourne.
A Certified Practicing Planner, David offers clients experience in all aspects of planning law. He has extensive practical experience in Planning and Environment, Building, Subdivision and Local Government matters, including policy development and implementation.
David's clients include a broad range of local governments and developers specialising in commercial and residential developments.
Prior to joining HWL Ebsworth, David was employed by the Office of the Premier of Victoria, where he was the Premier's Senior Adviser in relation to planning, building and local government matters.
David has also performed planning roles with a number of councils, including the cities of Knox, Yarra and Port Phillip. He is also the immediate past president of the Planning Institute of Australia (Victorian Division).
- Drafting agreements, reports and resolutions and advising on complex planning and related matters;
- Conducting mediation, consultation and negotiation with the community, government agencies and industry bodies;
- Regularly representing clients at the Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal;
- Planning scheme amendments and appearing before Planning Panels;
- Coordinating development and subdivision applications;
- Advising on compulsory acquisition and compensation for land acquisition;
- Professional development and training for local government councillors and staff; and
- Developing, formulating and implementing planning policies, strategies, controls and procedures.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Planning)
- Certified Practicing Planner
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Planning Institute Australia (Victorian Division)
- Victorian Planning and Environment Law Association (VPELA)