Angela advises on commercial law with a particular focus on Australian Government contracting, information and communications technology (ICT) contracts, intellectual property, privacy and business process outsourcing. Angela has specialised in Australian Government work in Canberra for almost 20 years and has worked on many of the Commonwealth's most significant projects and programs.
Angela has been named in the Australian Financial Review's Best Lawyers® for Government Practice, Information Technology Law, Outsourcing Law and Telecommunications Law. Angela was named Best Lawyers 2016 Canberra Information Technology Law "Lawyer of the Year" and was also named Best Lawyers 2014 Canberra Government Practice "Lawyer of the Year".
Angela is a principal author of the ‘Guide to Limiting Supplier Liability in ICT Contracts with Australian Government Agencies’ editions 1 and 2, published by the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research.
While Angela is very familiar with Australian Government contracting policies and requirements, she understands the commercial drivers and concerns of corporate entities responding to government tenders.
Examples of the range of recent significant projects in which Angela has advised include:
Major contracts – non-ICT
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC): Angela was the supervising partner advising DIAC on its major contracts to procure detention and health services in relation to people in detention and on 22 other agreements for immigration advice and application assistance services.
- Department of Defence (Defence) Recruitment Services project: Angela is advising Defence on its procurement, under a collaborative model, of recruitment services for the three Services.
- Australian Federal Police (AFP) Incident Management Solution project (2010 – 2012): Angela is the supervising partner advising the AFP on the procurement of the build and support of an Investigations, Intelligence and Incident Management Solution intended to support the AFP's operational capability for the next 10-15 years.
- Department of Defence High Availability Internet Gateway Service project (2009-2011): Angela advised Defence on the project to rationalise multiple internet services into one service, to be provided by one supplier.
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet: Angela advised on the procurement of case management software and support services for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Privacy and data protection
- Angela has undertaken over 10 privacy impact assessments in relation to planned ICT releases, assessing Australian Government compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and numerous applicable secrecy laws and recommending strategies to maximise the protection of personal information.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Law Society of the Australian Capital Territory
- The principal author of the Australian Government's "A guide to limiting supplier liability in ICT contracts with Australian Government agencies"(first published in August 2006 by the Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, 2nd edition published in May 2010 by the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research).