Tim Graham is a partner in our Property Group who leads the Owners Corporations & Strata team. One of Australia's foremost strata lawyers, Tim has been awarded Fellowship of the Australian College of Community Association Lawyers for his expertise and regard by his peers as a specialist in strata and owners corporations law. He is a Council Member and Victorian State Co-ordinator of the College.
Tim is a regular presenter and has conducted over 200 seminars for a range of managers, industry associations and financial institutions. He has guest lectured at RMIT and Deakin University and is a member of the Planning Committee for the biannual Griffith University Strata Conference.
He is published regularly in the Australian Property Law Bulletin and is a member of the bulletin's Editorial Panel. He authors the Owners Corporations chapter of the Lawyers Practice Manual and wrote the case study update of the looseleaf publication Subdivisions with the Lot.
Tim has been selected in Best Lawyers® in Australia in the practice area of Real Property Law.
- Preparing and amending strata plans and plans of subdivision, conversion of company share schemes and stratum properties;
- Advising on all aspects of Owners Corporation management, administration, governance and accounting;
- Common property defects; repairs & maintenance; water ingress;
- Leasing and licensing;
- Asset management and financial management; maintenance plans;
- Complaints, dispute resolution and litigation; and
- Owners Corporation debt recovery.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Laws
- Fellow of the Australian College of Community Association Lawyers (FACCAL)
- Associate Strata Manager, Owners Corporations Victoria (ASM)
- Affiliate Member, Australian Institute of Building (AffilAIB)
- Incorporate Member, Chartered Institute of Building (ICIOB)
- Australian College of Community Association Lawyers
- Strata Community Australia (Victoria)
- Strata Community Australia (Australia)
- Australian Institute of Building
- Chartered Institute of Building
- Building Dispute Practitioners' Society
- Australian Society of Building Consultants
- Law Institute of Victoria, Litigation Section
- Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal Owners Corporation List Users' Group
- "The operation of owners corporation rules in Victoria" - Australian Property Law Bulletin - June/July 2011
- "Chapter 6: Important Subdivision and Owners Corporation Cases" - Subdivisions With The Lot - Libbis, S & Leshinsky, R - Law Crest - 2011
- "Typical Problems With VCAT Applications" - Strata Life magazine - Autumn 2011
- "The proper plaintiff test for owners corporations in Victoria" - Australian Property Law Bulletin - May 2011
- "Implied Easments" and "How is an OC created?" - Owners Corporations Victoria Newsletter - July 2011