John acts for a range of corporate clients (both listed and unlisted) providing specialist advice on various corporate transactions, corporate governance and other Corporations Act issues. His experience includes mergers and acquisitions (domestic and cross-border), divestments, share buy-backs, prospectuses and fundraising (including associated due diligence), takeovers, schemes of arrangement, underwriting, commercial contracts generally, including outsourcing agreements and joint venture and shareholders agreements.
John also has extensive experience in providing advice on corporate governance and other Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules issues, including directors' duties, the requisitioning and conduct of general meetings of shareholders, notices of general meetings, ASX Listing Rules approvals and waivers, FIRB approvals, securities and financial services regulatory advice, employee share schemes, employment and consultancy agreements, drafting and settling Board Papers and corporate compliance generally.
- Mergers and Acquisitions including: complex private treaty asset and share sales and acquisitions, including due diligence, deferred consideration, escrow and earn-out arrangements, cash and scrip consideration, strategic alliances, joint venture and shareholder arrangements, pre-sale restructures, FIRB and other regulatory approvals, tender acquisitions, including privatisation of Government enterprises. John has also acted on IPO’s, takeover defences and schemes of arrangement.
- Corporate Governance including: shareholder activism, removal of directors, requisitioned meetings, directors’ duties and Corporations Act advisings, related party transactions, shareholder meetings and approvals, ASX Listing Rules advisings, ASX Governance Principles, regulatory compliance advice, employee share schemes, constitutional reforms and Board elections.
- Equity Capital Markets including: securities placements, rights issues of securities, convertible note issues, debenture issues for both listed and unlisted entities, acting for underwriters, ASX waivers and approvals and shareholder and regulatory approvals.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Diploma, Securities Institute of Australia
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Law Council of Australia - Business Law Section
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia - Fellow
- Commercial Law Association of Australia
- Law Society of New South Wales