He acts for private clients, major institutions, property trusts, developers, banks, receivers and liquidators and corporate property owners. He is experienced in agreements for lease and leasing; major subdivisions; acquisition and sale of developed property; joint venture and syndicated structures; acquisition of property and development work;in each of the commercial, industrial and retail opportunities; the acquisition, management and organisation of a large agricultural investors portfolio in most states and territories of Australia; the retirement living sector for; and is engaged by a number of mortgagees on the sale of distressed assets.
Peter has developed a particular interest and expertise in green buildings, green leasing and sustainability.He has regularly spoken at the API, the RICS and the University of Technology Sydney in relation to these aspects as well as more general issues arising from due diligence.He is recognised as an entertaining and considered commentator in his lecturing and speaking engagements.
His commercial practice sees him act for a diverse range of clients in the acquisition, sale, management and organisation of businesses and he works in the wine and spirit marketing area, and branding and design.
Peter brings his experience to his clients needs and is often regarded as the trusted advisor and counsel to his clients businesses.
- Acquisition of over 30 properties in a $500 million agricultural portfolio including leasing, management agreements, supply agreements and subsequent operational requirements;
- Acquisition of property and all legal work relating to the building and leasing in the development of a 4.5 NABERS energy rated commercial building of 11,000 square metres in Melbourne;
- Joint venture and multiple contractual arrangements relating to a 350 site retirement living project in the Newcastle region based around a golf course, including the management of issues regarding wetlands and contaminated land;
- Acquisition and on-sale of part built residential strata development adjacent to the coast with on-sales post development – considering the issues of liability and compliance in home owners warranty and construction related concerns;
- Acting as external general counsel for a major survey and multi-disciplinary group based in Sydney including oversight of substantial contracts relating to metro and metro west wide rail developments;
- Advising a start up company bringing new technology to the car parking, tolling and transport sectors including all structuring and licensing documentation.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Associate Member of Australian Property Institute
- Professional Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors