Martin has over 25 years experience in commercial property law.
Over the past three decades Martin has advised on, negotiated and documented a vast assortment of complex commercial property transactions throughout Australia.
During that time Martin has accumulated a select group of highly successful and loyal clients, who continue to benefit from his legal and corporate experience, strong insights and pro-active and commercial approach.
Whilst Martin has worked at a high level on virtually all conceivable types of property related matters, he has a primary focus on commercial, retail and industrial leasing and acquisition and sale of commercial real estate.
- Advising on and negotiating the AFLs and wet and dry lease documents in respect of the expansion of the port facilities for an international tug and line boat operator in Newcastle Port;
- Advising on, documenting and negotiating the Lion Nathan Australasian head office agreement for lease;
- Due diligence, advising on and negotiating of the acquisition of George Street Sydney "Event" Cinema complex;
- Redevelopment of Centro Armidale and Centro Toormina shopping centres including documenting and negotiating pre-leasing AFLs and on-going leasing activity and redevelopment of Centro Bankstown shopping centre including associated road closures and swaps involving extensive negotiations with the RTA and local council;
- Advising on and negotiating Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's AFL and lease of R.G. Casey Building Canberra, ACT;
- Advising on, documenting and negotiating a NSW private equity hotel/gaming fund joint venture including advising on, documenting and negotiating the acquisition and financing of 5 hotels and associated businesses;
- Acting for the Sydney Opera House Trust, in relation to the main theatre loading dock up-grade, drainage diversion and car park ventilation up-grades including documenting and negotiating access arrangements, construction rights and resulting easements between the Trust, SPA, Sydney Water and the car park lessee;
- Acting for a green fields site owner in respect of a staged 800 lot/$300 million development joint venture and project management agreement in respect of recently released land situated at Schofields NSW including negotiations with State Rail concerning the compulsory acquisition of part of the property for the new Schofields railway station and track corridor.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Master of Laws
- AICD Director's Diploma
- Commissioned Officer Australian Army (SUR) (Retired)
- Member of the Property Group of Australia NSW Commercial Office Committee
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Fellow of Australian Institue of Company Directors